Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cake Balls!!!

Today I am making cake balls for the first time by myself! I love to bake and I have more or less mastered the basics of cakes and cupcakes and am now trying a new type of tasty treat!
I'm making strawberry cake balls using my grandmother's "secret" family strawberry cake recipe. I am mixing it with cream cheese frosting and dipping it in baker's chocolate. Yum Yum! 

First start by baking the cake!
 Then the fun begins....crumble the cake!
Then you add an icing of choice...mine is cream cheese!!
After mixing the cake and frosting, use a small cookie scoop to form small balls of cake...
I made two 13x9 pans full of cake balls and placed them on parchment paper. I then placed them in the refrigerator for an hour to chill and harden.  
You can use any type of baker's chocolate you want to when coating the cake balls. Most recipes call for almond bark which you can get at any grocery store, but I hear it doesn't taste very good, so I went with what I know tastes good...
I used two boxes of chocolate to cover all the cake balls. Once they were all covered, I placed them back in the fridge to let the chocolate harden. They're almost done!!!!
And the final product looks like...
And cut in half...
I sprinkled a little cinnamon on top to enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Delicious! :-)


So, overall I would say this little edible adventure was a success! I am excited to try new cake/frosting combinations. Until the next baking session....

No comments:

Post a Comment